Update: May 18, 2016
Now that Angular 2 is post-beta I've decided to adopt it as the framework for Tenterhook. This does NOT mean the past six months were wasted. Angular 2 is a dramatic departure from its predecessor but many of the concepts still apply.
This does mean the launch date will slip past July as I ramp up and convert code. We're looking at October or November.
Angular 2 qualifies as cutting-edge and will certainly be a major player for years to come. This underscores my long-term commitment to Tenterhook and making it the very best it can be. It'll be worth the wait.
The feature/task list below will soon be replaced with a breakdown of the conversion process.
- Characters: dynamic scaling
- Scenarios: vary output based on active character
- Visuals: implement Label visual
- Audio: implement sound banks and scene background audio
- Storyboards: storyboard editor and directives
- Characters: character switching
- Scripting: Implement all ScriptActions and Tests
- Game: Load/Save Game functionality
- Account: integration with Microsoft Account, Facebook, Google
- Assets: storage of assets in Azure
- Assets: pre-loading assets before scene presentation
- Studio: implement logger/debug window
- Studio: add validations to all editor dialogs
- Manifest: implement health checking
- Notifications: implement Notification engine/window
- Sample Game: Buddy Knavery Episode 1: The Killer Riffs
- Tenterhook.net (including showcase, documentation and videos)